Checked out some old areas! Meows and Horns

dusty

Nov 9, 2012
Went out looking for the elusive quail today and they don't exist anymore. Too much lead poisoning last year I guess. Did see some fresh tracks from what my friends and I call Ditch Kitties, Longtails!!!!! the crazy part was the tracks weren't there when we started an hr prior!!!! Too close to the truck. Cat was out at 11 this am, I figured it would be a little warm out for them to be moving. We walked right through the same location as the only thing I had seen was tracks from the BP trucks and the ones I had made. Hiking through some thick stuff back to the truck and threw in buck shot and put away the bird shot. Didn't want him to take out the bird dog ! Anyways scouted around another area 9 miles from that area for a buddy to fill his D16 tag and found another nice buck bedded down underneath an oak tree. Hopefully he will be able to take a shot on him in a week or so!!!!!! Figures I tag out and find another nice buck!!!!! Really stoked on finding these things now, starting to figure it out!!!!! Next time I WILL NOTLEAVE THE CAMERA IN THE TRUCK!!!!! Beautiful 3x4!!!!!!!! Really amazes me how many bucks I have seen in such a harsh environment!!!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu