Cleveland National

I have been looking for a new honey pot my spots are a littlw dry lately

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Nothings dry now.....This will disperse game like no other......Mother Natures way of keeping the base and setting up for a great recruitment year of wild game.

That includes our lakes & fish too.....Hodges is approaching the bridge at Int. 5.....Yeah baby!

Todd were are your spots so I can take care of them while your out finding new areas for all of us to hunt? Your going to share them with us right?

hey guys, I too am wanting stretch my horizons, and skills. I've been doing research as much as I can to get out and at least start on trails, and getting out there. I'm not new to hunting, but scouting, and big game is definitely newer. I grew up in IV, so dove, rabbit, pheasant is what i grew up doing, and a guided hog hunt. Is anyone at least able to provide knowledge about "general areas" in which i can start from?
i'm not afraid to put mileage on my boots, but would love to make sure I'm being ethical, and legal.
anyway, thanks all. i'm new to the forums, and a lot you seem to be very helpful, so i appreciate any input.
oh, i'd like to go after deer. and i wouldn't share my honey pots either, LOL! only maybe a very vague "it's near that one area"
is that wrong? nah it's not. :laughing:

M-83,

Welcome to SCH.....The IV has deer and the zone is D-12.....If you're now in San Diego, you're in D-16.....Get yourself a Cleveland NF map.....From that you can see what areas are available for deer hunting.....Most all of it has deer. So, pick an area and start there.....You also have BLM and San Felipe Wildlife Area that have deer.....They're easily found on most maps as well.....I would suggest you get Onx Maps app.....A lot of guys on here use it and can explain it much better than me.

Good luck

I have been north and south and east still looking around. I doing the old school flagers tape and a compass with no gps....

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Very exciting to see everyone showing interests on scouting this early in the year. Enjoy the outdoors!

Keep in mind when scouting for deer, certain tags are easier to get than others. So you might want to consider that when thinking of future locations to hunt.

FYI- all tag info available on the DFW website when YOU do a search.

M-83,

Welcome to SCH.....The IV has deer and the zone is D-12.....If you're now in San Diego, you're in D-16.....Get yourself a Cleveland NF map.....From that you can see what areas are available for deer hunting.....Most all of it has deer. So, pick an area and start there.....You also have BLM and San Felipe Wildlife Area that have deer.....They're easily found on most maps as well.....I would suggest you get Onx Maps app.....A lot of guys on here use it and can explain it much better than me.

Good luck
Thanks buddy! i truly appreciate the kind and honest advise. i hope to do my due diligence and be able to share some good stories with everyone!

Reactions: AV Enrique

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu