Concealed Carry Hand Gun

Glad I live here I live, no concealed carry necessary where I live, I go to town once a week for groceries unless I'm on the road. Never felt a threat where I live in any way. Awhile back an insurance salesman called me and asked if I was interested in a security system, I said no I already had one, He said great what company do you run with , I told him Colt , He paused for a moment and said OK I get it and went on his way...

I picked up a SigM18 at FF, currently my interview is scheduled for Nov 4 2024. Ugh

This is a great thread.

Big responsibility to have a carry permit. I think most folks don't realize beyond getting the permit what challenges lie ahead of them when carrying a weapon for self defense. I hope everyone here is planning for the worst and making sure insurance etc. is part of the game plan. I managed a large gunshop for a decade and found most folks allow bravado to lead their decisions. Carrying soft weapons (good US made pepper spray) along with hardware will also give you non leathal options that could keep you from taking someone's life, which in turn is life altering for you, the permit holder.

Just some food for thought.

This is a great thread. Big responsibility to have a carry permit. I think most folks don't realize beyond getting the permit what challenges lie ahead of them when carrying a weapon for self defense. I hope everyone here is planning for the worst and making sure insurance etc. is part of the game plan. I managed a large gunshop for a decade and found most folks allow bravado to lead their decisions. Carrying soft weapons (good US made pepper spray) along with hardware will also give you non leathal options that could keep you from taking someone's life, which in turn is life altering for you, the permit holder.

That's a really good point.

This YouTube channel has some great tips.

I picked up a SigM18 at FF, currently my interview is scheduled for Nov 4 2024. Ugh
WOW! The wait time has gone up a LOT in a year. When I did mine, I submitted my app and had the interview a couple of months later. I guess that shows how many people are now applying now that the "good cause" requirement has been stricken and how many people are concerned for their safety and want to carry.

This is a great thread.

Big responsibility to have a carry permit. I think most folks don't realize beyond getting the permit what challenges lie ahead of them when carrying a weapon for self defense. I hope everyone here is planning for the worst and making sure insurance etc. is part of the game plan. I managed a large gunshop for a decade and found most folks allow bravado to lead their decisions. Carrying soft weapons (good US made pepper spray) along with hardware will also give you non leathal options that could keep you from taking someone's life, which in turn is life altering for you, the permit holder.

Totally agree with this statement, Having to use lethal force is not something I ever want to face.

Reactions: GUNDOGLOVER49

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu