Couldn't find dove so walloped some wascally wabbits

WaterDawg

Nov 20, 2016
View attachment 29377 I usually go southeast to the IV or northeast to the IE, but wanted to explore something new so Thursday 12/29 I went north from OC through the belly of the beast (LA) and looked for dove north of the Grapevine. Some big dairies out there so I thought there might be Euros to shoot. What I encountered were cattle lots/dairies that make the IV feed lots look like backyard pens, but only a few ECDs and POSTED signs everywhere.

Found a cluster of old abandoned buildings and sheds in a fallow field and noticed there were burrows under them, so I did a stakeout. Rabbits started popping out. Had my .22 cal air rifle with me, so I went American Sniper on the fur balls. All head shots. No meat damaged. Kicker was a lone ECD that came in and landed in the wrong place at the wrong time. Dropped two noisy crows who came in too. Although most of the day was spent fruitlessly looking for ECDs, bugs bunny saved the day. It was fun and looking forward to some marinated, grilled rabbit kabobs.

Good luck everyone!

bunniesonly.png

Last edited:
Nice shoot. Rabbits have more meat anyway. Just be careful up that way. Kern county is very hunter friendly but also very trespasser unfriendly unlike the iv. County sheriff will run you off and site you a little faster then iv sheriffs. But they are usually really nice guys. I've spent most of my hunting time in kern county Lots of great hunting up that way if you can find it.

Nice. What weight pellets are you shooting? Chrony it?
Predator 16 grain Polymag ballistic tip pellets. I thought the red pointed tip might be a gimmick but my gun is very accurate with them and they definitely kill. I have not checked velocity. Assuming it ranges from 800 to 1,000 depending upon air pressure. Plenty of knock down for rabbits crows etc. in .22 caliber.
Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 1, 2017, at 2:43 PM, SCH OUTDOORS <[email protected]> wrote:

SCH OUTDOORS
WaterDawg, Muledeerhunter replied to a thread you are watching at SCH OUTDOORS.

Couldn't find dove so walloped some wascally wabbits

Nice. What weight pellets are you shooting? Chrony it?
View This Thread Unread Watched Threads
Please do not reply to this email. You must visit SCH OUTDOORS to reply.

This message was sent to you because you opted to watch the thread Couldn't find dove so walloped some wascally wabbits at SCH OUTDOORS with email notification of new replies. You will not receive any further emails about this thread until you have read the new messages.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you may disable emails from this thread or disable all emails.

http://schoutdoors.com/

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu