Coyote Hunting

jsolares01

Mar 19, 2019
Hey everybody, I'm new when it comes to coyote hunting and just wanted to learn a few tips on how to call them in. I have heard that its difficult this time of the year as they are in mating season. Also I live near the Coachella Valley and haven't come across any good places to hunt. Anybody know of good hunting locations near here? Thanks anything helps

Get ONXHunt phone app, go online.
And look for BLM and NF, read the DFW regulations , start out with rabbit distress call.
Make sure you are also in a shooting area. Check out the local sheriff's map on line....
All BLM and NF are legal Hunting.
There are exceptions..

Awesome! Thanks everybody. Definitely going to get the ONXHunt app and check out the river beds.

More experienced guys can chime in but I’ve heard this time of year the Pup In Distress or the Challenge calls can be effective if you’re using an electronic caller.

Reactions: Sdhunt17
Secret code for the best spot in Coachella......lol

ps....JS, welcome to SCH....You're living in coyote haven....Desert edges, farmland edges, and Salton Sea....Also check out the grape vineyards around Valerie Jean....They don't like coyotes.
Thanks for the help. I never knew you much knowledge and help one can get through a forum. Glad I started to do this

I almost drilled one with my car this morning, if that helps. This was in the Lake Forest area. ;)

Ah they are closer then u think, see them all the time crossing little Morongo Rd. oh wait u can't hunt there but you maybe able to buy some pot.
Salton Sea would be a good area for you to start out Boots on the ground will get it done. I've hunted them over by mission lakes rd & the 62. there are a few around there also drive up the mt to Hemet lake area. just shoot up the 74. from near the westfield mall.

Reactions: Juan

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu