Coyotes in Campo/Lake Morena

Discussion in 'Varmint & Predator Hunting' started by Chris Hanson, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Chris Hanson

Chris Hanson New Member

Lots of Coyotes out in this area, if ya need some target practice before deer season, come on out and give me a hand with these little fury bastards, thanks!

Goyaałé likes this.
  2. ilovesprig

ilovesprig Moderator
    Staff Member

Here you go all you varmint hunters............:blush:

3. Stump7100

Stump7100 Member

I'm always down to shoot chaparral piranha's (coyotes) I'm not familiar with the Campo area, I drive through all the time going to the IV. If you really need a hand after first dove season is over I'll pack my gear, put batteries in the Fox Pro and I'll head out.

4. Chris Hanson

Chris Hanson New Member

Sounds good, I'm literally seeing one every day, they are making tons of noise, killing cats etc. My neighbors are constantly complaining about em. Been hunting em on public land but I heard a couple of ranches want folks to come shoot em.

5. AV Enrique

AV Enrique Member

Sounds intriguing. I'm usually off Monday and Tuesdays

6. Stump7100

Stump7100 Member

I'll PM you in a couple weeks and if your still seeing dogs I'll come down. I'm trying not to get my wife too mad at me since I'm hunting about six days out of the 15 day dove season with my son. She's starting to look cross eyed at me.

AV Enrique likes this.
  7. rbduffer

rbduffer Active Member

I'm in! Got all the gear. Let me know what day(s) works for you. Week days are best for me, but I'm open. Thanks for the open invite.

8. SurfNHuntSD

SurfNHuntSD Well-Known Member

I hunt down that way a lot and can point you in the right direction for areas I've seen a lot of yotes.. I don't hunt them much though. PM me if needed.

9. longbowhunter2

longbowhunter2 Well-Known Member

Just be aware Deer season will be in full swing.... Just a cautionary note :)

Stump7100 likes this.
  10. Truduct

Truduct Well-Known Member

Lots of stupid pups out right now, deer season is the best time to call in inexperienced dogs. I called in an awesome double for my kid on Friday morning but he couldn't get one in the cross hairs. The pups basically walked up to the call and looked at it.
    He is 10 years old and it was his first time behind a gun on a coyote stand. I didn't bring a gun because I knew I wouldn't have been able to control myself.

CMPeterson, Gspman and Stump7100 like this.
  11. 1911Guncrazy

1911Guncrazy New Member

Ill come out if you dont mind. I lived in campo for a few years. Shoot me a PM if your still looking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. ivhunter

ivhunter Active Member

As much as I love to put down yotes I would wait till deer season is over ... D16 is about in full swing with archery happening and rifle next month.

Down here in the IV a few locals get together around January and have a weekend hunt for yotes all over our zone to help with the fawn killers.

13. cadeerhunter

cadeerhunter New Member

name the time and location and i would be more than glad to reduce the pack.

14. Dave42

Dave42 New Member

15. Dave42

Dave42 New Member

Chris are you looking for support in campo?

16. cadeerhunter

cadeerhunter New Member

Over the years I have stopped at many ranches all the way down ol hwy 94 and never had a person give me permission to hunt coyotes. I even offered to do some work on the ranch in exchange for permission to hunt. It would be nice for this old retired vet to help remove some coyotes.

17. Chris Hanson

Chris Hanson New Member

Thanks for the posts, there seems to be a bunch of last minute deer hunters out this season, I figured I'd wait til after deer season is over then try to pop some coyotes, I'll post on here some days when I'm heading out, the cool part is that I've got several spots we could try out here on public land in the national Forest. Should be fun.