Coyotes in Cleveland National Forest

Well I have talk to a warden at the wildlife area in riverside and he said that they're busy there and sometimes can't get to us up on the mountain. I've also called the hotline and no one called me back or ever came out. If you know him personally please get me into contact with him. I would appreciate it very much. I know most for the forest ranger up there except the law guys which they have responded but it's always to late. They are always further south of where I hunt the guys that road hunt are gone by the time they get there. And trust me I care but I can only do so much myself.

Coyotes in Cleveland National Forest

Hey all and Mr. Denton (OP), just joined the forum (mostly because of this thread and how active everyone is). I've been out of the coyote game several years and have been hunting deer and pig almost exclusively out of state. I live right by you OP off Cajalco. Anyone wanting to get out of really like to get coyote hunting again.

I'm in elsinore living in canyon hills I been trying to learn this coyote calling stuff little better. I called in a bob cat last year but havnt been real successful with the coyotes. I got a lot of spot in the san jacinto mountains.

fishingkid said:
I'm in elsinore living in canyon hills I been trying to learn this coyote calling stuff little better. I called in a bob cat last year but havnt been real successful with the coyotes. I got a lot of spot in the san jacinto mountains.

What's up neighbor!

You will find all the coyotes around DV, East, and south Hemet at night or up on the hill by the high school in north east Hemet

Did some coyote hunting last weekend east of Trabuco Canyon on the Orange County side up near a small reservoir.

Saw more hikers than anything else.
No animals at all.
Had to park the truck on a residential street.
What a waste of time.

Will try the Corona side next time.

Anyone familiar with a trail off Temescal Canyon?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have driven up Bedford canyon road to hint without issue...never heard of the mile rule, even asked the DFG and they had no issues...just call first to make sure the gate is unlocked...

I was told by the rangers in Corona the distance to shoot is 150 yards.
Now that may not include within city limits.
I would think that if the forest is not a mile from homes the 150 yards would apply because you are on federal land.

Someone should press that and let us know how it works out for them LoL.

2dogs1name said:
I have driven up Bedford canyon road to hint without issue...never heard of the mile rule, even asked the DFG and they had no issues...just call first to make sure the gate is unlocked...

I'm confused. Where do you mean because Bedford canyon road doesn't head into the hills it runs along the 15 fwy between el cerrito and cajalco.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 south,
Off Temescle rd
Quick RT off fwy, then left
Look for a private road sign on RT (hidden so go slow...it's where folks who live there turn...

Drive up and up...Bedford Canyon Rd...ill get the Forest rd name tomorrow...

8SteelTown said:
MJB said:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=388656

Did anyone do search?
This popped up

My phone isn't openkng it but I think it's the same one I saw. Some guy just made that in 2006 on Google Earth. Wouldn't bet legality on that but info is info.

I know the guy who did this overlay.... His dads a lawyer in Riverside and he works at the firm... trust me he did his homework... and coincidence would have it for Yote hunting...

now weather you will get F*#$ with is up to the ranger or cop... they may just tell you to take it up with the judge....

T
2dogs1name said:
15 south,
Off Temescle rd
Look for a private road sign on RT (hidden so go slow...it's where folks who live there turn...

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 south,
Off Temescle rd

Bedford canyon runs up the mountain to Main Divide rd.

I live in the area also. Seen lots of coyote and cat tracks. But I'm looking for deer.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu