Creating new hunting pack - suggestions ??

ThisIsAmerica

Oct 26, 2014
Fallbrook, CA (southern CA)
What's up everybody, good morning!

I was recently shopping for a hunting backpack (while at work) and after 12 hours of scrolling through pages of hunting backpacks and reviews.. I had not one that I favored. I wanted a backpack that would hold my rifle securely in the front.. I also wanted a pack that could easily accept any paddle style firearm holster on the waist strap .. and last but not least, I wanted a pack that after a 10 mile hike, had some way to support my weight off the ground and do so comfortably .. although many backpacks have all these features, not one has all three in one. So I'm designing my own personal backpack that will display all these features and MAYBE going to patten it through a friend who finds manafactures to produce products for the small time inventors/designers... I'm pretty crafty and know how to sew pretty well (thanks mom.) just wanted to know what you would all love out of a hunting backpack, size? Compact or large? (1 day or 3 day.) features? Spit out anything that comes to mind .. thank you all for the read.. you never know, maybe one day I will be selling them on here

Last edited:
I love my exo mountain gear pack 3500. They are expensive but worth it around $600. I don't know how I didn't rip it last weekend 2 miles of bush waking with 50lbs in it.

Eberlestock Blue Widow (JP9) Awesome pack. It is the most versatile pack I could find. I use it on half day hunt all the way up to 5 day pack hunts. Same pack will go from 2200ci to over 7000ci with the additional spike duffel. Tons of space for everything you could ever want. More than once I have hiked into an area with only an afternoons worth of supplies harvested an animal and was able to pack it out comfortably in one trip.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu