Custom loads for the non-reloader

Not trying to be controversial......But is there that big an advantage over my Federal Fusion load (.243) at 20 dollars vs 40 dollars a box?

Fusion.....2980 fps, 95 grain, Fusion point boat-tail bullet

Custom load.....3065 fps, 105 grain, Berger VLD

Not trying to be controversial......But is there that big an advantage over my Federal Fusion load (.243) at 20 dollars vs 40 dollars a box?

Fusion.....2980 fps, 95 grain, Fusion point boat-tail bullet

Custom load.....3065 fps, 105 grain, Berger VLD

Just a few inches in drop, So no there isn't any true advantage. But you can have them help you tailor a load for your rifle that will shot better then factory ammo. The advantage to this is accuracy. Not always speed.
I reload so I don't need to pay someone to do it.
But for those who don't reload this is a good option.

VLD is too hard of a bullet in my book......hit bone....seen too many animals just suck it up.......very very accurate bullet though

does the box of core-lokt's from walmart work sure. More animals have been killed with them than any other round on earth!

then again if you just spent 10k+ on the hunt of a life time, Hiked up mount freaking high. endured rain and snow and blah blah why would you not use the best you can get. for the non reloader its a real option for getting that same quality that a precision reloader gets.

Bill,

I totally understand that philosophy.....I shoot turkeys in New Mexico with Hevi-Shot......lol

I've got a 7mm Rem Mag that I can't get to shoot for shite but don't want to reload for it yet.
I got a 6mm 284 also that I saw in their wild cat rounds.
Thanks for the heads up on this site like looks pricey but worth a shot (pun intended) maybe some day for at least the 6mm. Then I can load my own

We had monolithic on this site as a sponsor for sometime. They made amazing ammo but sad to say they have closed up shop.
@just_ducky_1 if you want your cases annealed just bring them by on a Sunday and ill get them done for you. new box should be ready in a week or so.

Reactions: just_ducky_1

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu