D13 for nada

SoCalB3AST

Sep 2, 2014
lancaster, ca
Went to frazier park today, didnt see a doe, a buck or even a squirrel, we got there. At 2am hiked into are spot and waited for daylight, and come daylight, a hunter comes walking into are spot and climbs a tree stand right next to us, so i said something an all he said was shit. We waited a while for nothing, on are way dow. Hill we pick up this rock, he was watching come to find out it was a salt brick. Didnt see anything all day work tomorrow and going back soon. CAM04854_zps0ec1320d.jpg

Good luck when you go back. Saw five doe today all to far away to get a clean shot. But at least we got out in the woods!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went up yesterday saws lots of deer signs: trails, beds, fresh droppings, even urine. We did not see or hear one deer. We spot and stalk. There are deer up there for sure but they must have a watch because they aren't there when it is legal to hunt.

I took the day off too. But mowed my yard and almost passed out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here in d16. Have plenty of fresh sign, just not seeing them in daylight. If it's too hot for the deer, maybe they are smarter than we are! Stay safe and hydrate out there.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu