D17 found some deer.

turkeyman 85

Feb 24, 2014
So I drew D17 this year and was wondering how other hunters hunt it. If you guys know and want to drop some info that would be awesome.
I scouted just one evening and tons on google earth. My google scout seems to always pay off. When I got to the spot I want to look at I found 6 deer in the first 15 minutes of looking.
But now I'm wondering how the hunters are using the land. As in driving roads, doing short hikes from the road or do guys go deep going over a few ridges to find deer.
I'm a go deep kinda guy so the wilderness areas of the northern end are what I like and will probably hunt. What have any of you seen while out there?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu