Dad stuck one.....

Vermonster

Dec 14, 2012
IMG_6326.JPG My Dad, at 70 yrs young, was able to stick a nice buck Sunday evening. Wasn't one of the bucks he'd been seeing on camera though until a cameo earlier this week. Then, when my Dad pulled the cards on his camera and then looked at home, this deer had moved through Sunday morning just before daylight, then came back when my Dad shot him 12+ hours later.

Ended up a 7 pt, 137 lbs. Now, other than a few minor stand fixes, he can stay out for the next 2 weeks to let the woods calm down for my son to go up on youth weekend..... wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
My Dad, at 70 yrs young, was able to stick a nice buck Sunday evening. Wasn't one of the bucks he'd been seeing on camera though until a cameo earlier this week. Then, when my Dad pulled the cards on his camera and then looked at home, this deer had moved through Sunday morning just before daylight, then came back when my Dad shot him 12+ hours later.

Ended up a 7 pt, 137 lbs. Now, other than a few minor stand fixes, he can stay out for the next 2 weeks to let the woods calm down for my son to go up on youth weekend..... View attachment 33425
Very cool

atta baby dad!! way to grease whitey!!

very nice job . Ive never weighed a deer , Ill guess 137 is well above average for So Cal ??

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu