Daily bag limit / Possession limit

steveo007

Me and my daughter will be hunting dove the 2nd weekend, Friday evening then the following morning. So does this mean
each of us can have 30 birds in possession, plus euros?

That's what I believe to be true. Although I'd maybe take a pic of your first hunt's haul (dated) just in case. Overkill, but you never know. And the regs say to keep a fully feathered wing or head on the bird... I know a lot of guys just breast out birds in the field and forget this.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

That's what I believe to be true. Although I'd maybe take a pic of your first hunt's haul (dated) just in case. Overkill, but you never know. And the regs say to keep a fully feathered wing or head on the bird... I know a lot of guys just breast out birds in the field and forget this.

I had the unfortunate experience of being in the Brawley court house after the opener one year for reasons I won’t go into (I was innocent and got railroaded). Anyway, several guys were there for having been checked and found with wingless breasts in their possession. Big fine. They definitely check birds and write tix for it so leave on at least one wing until you’re home.

Last edited:
Me and my daughter will be hunting dove the 2nd weekend, Friday evening then the following morning. So does this mean
each of us can have 30 birds in possession, plus euros?
Just to fine tune the answer,,,,,Daily limit = 15 birds of which no more than 10 can be whitewings, and euros are a bonus.
As mentioned above leave a fully feathered wing attached. 4 breasted dove in 1980 cost $125.00 at that Brawley courthouse. At least that's what I was told.

I had the unfortunate experience of being in the Brawley court house after the opener one year for reasons I won’t go into (I was innocent and got railroaded). Anyway, several guys were there for having been checked and found with wingless breasts in their possession. Big fine. They definitely check birds and write tix for it so leave on at least one wing until you’re home.
Yup. I've ran into a few guys that didn't know this so thought I'd post a reminder. I usually just clean em at home but I know quite a few guys will field clean, especially those that are planning to stay overnight and hunt again.

I believe the fines were north of $400 about five years ago. I usually snap off one wing, pluck breast, pull off the head, insert thumb under breast and pull away the carcass. Bag and throw in ice chest. Do the rest at home.

Stevo,

Pretty easy.....15 per day, and 2x the daily limit equals 30 you can take home per person.....So, you're allowed 60 doves in your possession in 2 days of hunting for the two you....Just to be safe....I'd have them in 2 separate bags.

Like Kevin (Waterdawg) has stated….Cut or brake one wing off, pull breast up and off the rest of the torso....Put on ice.

ps....Make sure you ALL the doves out of your vest the 2nd day....An old friend of mine (76). Got a citation a couple year back for having one dove over his limit....It was from the day before.

thanks guys for all the input, just wanted to be for sure on the regs being this will be the first time ive hunted 2 days in a row. good luck everyone.

Back