Deer Preference Points Question

CentralCAhunter

May 10, 2017
Hey everyone, so I've entered for my first deer drawing, first choice is A-24, 2nd choice is just a regular A zone tag. I know that if I'm not drawn for A-24 ill be drawn for A zone and will receive my preference point. My question is if I am successfully drawn for A-24, could I then enter for my second tag in a way which would give me a point so I would have one next year? Or can you only accumulate points from 1st tags?

Hey everyone, so I've entered for my first deer drawing, first choice is A-24, 2nd choice is just a regular A zone tag. I know that if I'm not drawn for A-24 ill be drawn for A zone and will receive my preference point. My question is if I am successfully drawn for A-24, could I then enter for my second tag in a way which would give me a point so I would have one next year? Or can you only accumulate points from 1st tags?
If you draw your first choice you can not get a point. Or if you have a bunch of points and draw your first choice you lose your points. What I do is put down a really hard zone to draw first and then what I want second. If I get lucky on my first then sweet if not I get a point.

You can only enter the draw 1 time per year. Points can only come from being unsuccessful in the drawing.
So if you are drawn an A24 you would not get a point. But you can buy another tag (leftover) after the draw.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu