Dirtbag: The Legend of Fred Beckey

He’s a legend in the climbing community. And you’re spot on with the “one more ridge” comment. His talent was more a will to continue and see the job finished than technical climbing capability. My uncle climbed with him. Here’s a shot of them with my cousin before they both died.

E174025F-F51E-4011-A773-61DEE213793F.png

My one criticism of the film is that, in my opinion, they focused too much on his later years. While his will to climb never failed his body did and it was hard to watch him continue to fail at objectives that were so obviously out of his reach. I suppose the trying is all that matters. I can’t say I’ll be any different when at that stage.

I just watched it... great documentary. Tru, I'm that guy always hiking to the next ridge, not dirtbag level though. Kellen, your cousin is hot... Ed F

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu