DIY Rod Rack

SluiceCoot

Oct 25, 2014
Rancho
I'm tired of having my fishing poles piled into the corner of my garage so I decided to make an overhead rack out of some scraps I had lying around the garage.

I'm going to make a second one for my saltwater rods/reels. The PVC pipe I had was too small for the large butts of my saltwater reels so I'll have to complete the saltwater rack another day.

The photos are pretty self explanatory so I don't see the need to give you guys all the dimensions, steps, etc. I'm sure you can figure it out. We are outdoorsman for heaven's sake!

.IMG_1656.JPG IMG_1657.JPG IMG_1658.JPG IMG_1659.JPG IMG_1660.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: The Deer Guy
I'm tired of having my fishing poles piled into the corner of my garage so I decided to make an overhead rack out of some scraps I had lying around the garage.

I'm going to make a second one for my saltwater rods/reels. The PVC pipe I had was too small for the large butts of my saltwater reels so I'll have to complete the saltwater rack another day.

The photos are pretty self explanatory so I don't see the need to give you guys all the dimensions, steps, etc. I'm sure you can figure it out. We are outdoorsman for heaven's sake!

.View attachment 29691 View attachment 29692 View attachment 29693 View attachment 29694 View attachment 29695

So can you make me a bunch and I will pick them up when I'm in Paso Robles in couple of weeks when I'm pig hunting the lease! I will take 3 fresh water and 6 salt water! Haha, cool idea Stevee

Danny, I've seen your pile of rods in your garage. You don't have enough ceiling in your whole house to fit your poles.

.IMG_1664.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: nicapopolis

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu