Do you see them?

So... I've got a good question for ya.. looking at this photo... let's say you have a Tag for them. And... let's say that eventually they were not skylined.

Would you first make sure that it's a hill you've personally climbed up before in order to know that you actually CAN get up there before you make that shot?

Or do people try to just look at the hill and see if they can visually piece-together a route they *think* is doable to get up there, then take the shot?

Was just thinking about how they can get into amazing places that we just flat-out can't sometimes. Was figuring there's got to have been some hunters that have shot them... only to later realize they are at an unrecoverable position. I suppose.... the general rule is to wait 'em out? Make sure to catch 'em descending on their way to the water?

Piece together a route or wait en out they don't move much when they find a suitable piece of terrain to live in. We would see the same groups in their respective areas everyday that we were there hunting. They don't need much water during the cooler parts of the year. They will also break open the top of a barrel cactus with the horns and eat the wet pulp inside I watched one do it when I was helping my buddy on his hunt.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu