Double on Foxes today

HunterBK

Apr 18, 2013
Costa Mesa, CA
Got a double on grey foxes today. Was my last set of the day and I had been skunked so far. I started the predator call 30 minutes before dark and within a couple minutes I saw fox number one running in from a couple hundred yards away. Ended up filling him with bb load at 30 yards. I stayed seated and let the call continue to play. In a couple more minutes I saw movement through the bushes 7 yards in front of me. Sure enough, another fox! Ended up shooting through the bushes and taking it out. My first fox and first predator double. I'm pretty stoked!

Attachments

• 20131227_165029.jpg
    20131227_165029.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 19
Thanks everyone.

I used a cheap-o mouth call I picked up at big 5 a long time ago.

On that note, I heard that e calls can't be used for furbearers. Can anyone confirm or deny? I couldn't find anything about it in the regs

The fox rule is easy to understand, you call them in with an e-call. Turn the call off, let the fox get out of sight, then squeak him back in. 100% legal.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu