Dove hunting near Victorville

PB870

Jul 14, 2015
Hi everyone, I'm new to the hunting world and would like to start dove hunting but really don't know what areas to start scouting before the season starts. Hoping to find someone to tag along with and maybe show me the ropes. I have a shotgun and already attended my hunters safety course. Any advise our words of wisdom is highly appreciated. Thanks

There are doves in your area, but it will pretty much be about finding a water source that's not in town...Also, look for any farm land around. I know there used to be some alfalfa fields towards Mojave....High spots (above ground water) on the Mojave River may be another place to check out.......I personally would head for the Blythe or the IV.

Powerline road is one place you should check out. I'll go there after work every once in awhile. But l have a spot near me in Yucaipa that I go to . You need to hit up I.V. at least once this season.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu