Dove opener

That’s a pretty good pile of birds Jason. Your practice yesterday paid off. Glad your spot produced some for you. We did about the same. Took till 9:30 to fill limits.
Thanks Kevin. We lost a few in the ditch otherwise would've made our limits for sure. Yotes will eat well tonight I guess. On another note, we didn't see any white wings today.. very odd. Just mournings and euros.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Where did you guys get close to the bag limit? We went to Camp Cady and it seemed like everyone I talked to there averaged about two birds, myself included. We were headed to El Centro but those plans fell apart Thursday night.

S
Lots of birds on my buddies duck club.....4 of us were done by 7:00 am....The young birds really liked the spinners.....Which took a beating......lol

ps.....And what a great morning weather wise.....73 degrees in the IV!

.View attachment 35974View attachment 35975View attachment 35976View attachment 35977[/QUOTE

Hey Steve , you're one of the most hard core hunters I have seen.
When you have an other barbecue.
I do want just to meet you just break bread. And that's it. I bet you have many good campfire talk.

Didn’t pull the trigger my duck club as dead. First year I blanked on the opener since I started hunting. Oh well, that’s the way it goes sometimes. This year hasn’t been one with good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: longbowhunter2
No one hunted plaster city this year? I am gonna have to make a run down there and make sure the sky’s are still turning black with dove.

Last edited:
Reactions: longbowhunter2
Didn’t pull the trigger my duck club as dead. First year I blanked on the opener since I started hunting. Oh well, that’s the way it goes sometimes. This year hasn’t been one with good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ahidog same here. Wish you well
Longbow

Winged it. No scouting. Hunted off the 8. Had the field to myself. Kept the dog busy. Called it at 12 doves. Could have limited but I wanted to keep the lab cool. Not a lot flying. They were pretty skittish. Really stoked my dog and I had that much real estate to ourselves. Over and Under with Size 7 Steel Shot.

John

I was lucky to be invited to private land on Mt Palomar at 6000 ft elevation but I was shooting 20 ga with 7 1/2 shot and I couldn't hit my back side on high flying dove. My best shot was on a big mountain pigeon. not excuses for bad shooting but if'n I had my 12 ga with 6 shot, it would have been on.
Glad you guys connected and did well.

I was lucky to be invited to private land on Mt Palomar at 6000 ft elevation but I was shooting 20 ga with 7 1/2 shot and I couldn't hit my back side on high flying dove. My best shot was on a big mountain pigeon. not excuses for bad shooting but if'n I had my 12 ga with 6 shot, it would have been on.
Glad you guys connected and did well.

Hope that "big mountain pigeon" wasn't a band-tailed pigeon...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Reactions: TRICER
I was worried and I confirmed that it was not a Band Tail through online pics. my pigeon didn't have the yellow beak or feet. Many years ago I found band tails in some oak trees in Miller's canyon while hunting turkey but we didn't hunt them so I didn't know their characteristics. Now I know. ...

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu