Dove & Pheasant Hunting in Mexicali BC Mex.

SandCamo

Jul 24, 2014
Valle Imperial
Been hunting in the IV mostly Calexico, Heber & Holtville for the past 4 years and been lucky to limit out but this year I'm heading down south with my buddies who have been going for the past 10 years. They always bag a ton of birds and the season starts 8/21 I believe and runs thru 2/15/2016 nonstop!. Just wanted to know if any of you go hunting there and how much more do you like it vs any other hunting spots.
oh and I cant wait to get me permit on Sat. Just FYI we do all of our gun permits and lic. with the Mexican council and there guide who takes all of our paper work to TJ and will return with our permits, not like I'm dumb enough just to walk across all honkey dorey.

Welcome to SCH..........PM either Aeon (Bill) or MJB (Mark).......They still hunt down there......Kinda wish I still did..... ???

During my earlier hunt at Laguna I met a fellow who Invited me to Hunt at Mexicali. I believe the hunting guide/club started at $400.
which is cheap.

Ghost

There is no good bird hunting in Mexico please stay north.

ok maybe there is.

What's the Uma?

Just follow the rules and you'll have fun just make sure the swap cooler is working.......rattlers are pretty bad down there until November compared to the IV so watch your dog and yourself every year someone has a close call.

Their's still a fish & game plus the police & military so have your paper work in order and share a couple cold drinks with them. Always good to be an ambassador for the U.S. Hunter

I don't go down until pheasant opens I can shoot plenty of doves over here. One thing that can be a bummer you can limit out in one am hunt or their's so much feed the birds are really spread out everywhere.......the street tacos are the best around and if you like to drink good beer better bring it.

Have fun

Mark,

I know they don't import it anymore but they do still make Superior, don't they?

Thanks guys, I'm very surprised of the number of U.S. Hunters going down there I thought it was just a Valley thing (so naive of me) but from what the guide said Pheasant and Dove start together this year (8/21) and its $300 for dove and Waterfowl and $75 to add pheasant. I hear there isn't much duck down there anymore but I getting permits on Sat so we plan to go down and scout this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whats your Uma?

I'd be real careful about shooting a rooster these are the dates for birds for B.C. Now Sonora is another tag and some dates are different

White-winged Dove and Mourning Dove August 21, 2015 through February 21, 2016
Gambel’s Quail October 16, 2015 through February 07, 2016
California Quail October 16, 2015 through February 07, 2016
Pheasant October 17, 2015 through January 03,2016
Duck October 23, 2015 through February 14, 2016

White wing requires another tag and has a smaller limit. And the two quail have a separate tag

This year all birds must be cooked to bring back to the us with wing and head attached and you need a form to inter the us with birds. If you want to mount one their's another form and you can't bring them back the taxi in the us must arrange the shipping.

Their's also a 4457 form to bring guns back into the US....some BP say you don't need it but I always have mine just in case

Scouting????
That's what I pay the Uma and guide to do

Tony, never seen it but that doesn't mean much we hunt in the farming area and the beer stores there don't carry it that I've seen.........I bring CL for the guides and IPA for me......

Scouting (an excuse to get out of the house) your right the scout is my compares family friend so since we have SENTRI and I live in Calexico, were just going to check our spots cause were just itching to get out there. Thanks for clarifying the dates as I get all of my permits, forms and brief back this sat. The Umas buddies well be doing all the cleaning of doves for us so yeah, they will be leaving the wing on them and Ill carry my 4457 in my bag. Ill post some pics of where ill be this weekend.

It will Suprise me greatly if they have gun permits this weekend. Then again it's mexico so it's all ways a Suprise! Just a fyi they will count your ammo. Make sure you check all the holes in your truck where ammo can hide. They have a floroscan machine now

Who is your outfitter/Uma?

I know of a fellow hunter here in the IV that takes guys hunting down there, He always invites me but I haven't had the chance to join him

if any of you are interested Bajahunting.com can take you on a safe and very fun hunt. They are who i trust and use

This thread lost me, my post was not a joke. Baja hunting. Com is Arturo Malo. The most respected outfitter in Baja and who I have used for the last 15 years or more.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu