Dual sport bikes on non motorized trails.

SoCal71s

Mar 30, 2023
East county
I'm curious to hear all the different thoughts on this.
Last week ( the day after hurricane hilary) I went out to make sure my trail cams survived. Walking in I noticed extremely fresh motorcycle tracks. Ended up with some pictures of 2 guys on dualsport bikes on one of the cams. This happened in an area that is non motorized and requires going over or through "cattle fencing" to into. The area is open to hiking, mountain bikes. Though I've only seen 2 other people in the area in the past few months ( both were also scouting)
So am I wrong to be a little mad at these guys riding through the place? Or is this just 1 more example of how and why more and more places are facing more access regulations and restrictions??

You have the right to be mad unfortunately no one cares about any rules or laws these days they only care about themselves

Reactions: Smokey58
So true, these dudes suck butt. Pack In and some jack hole burns up with his ebike, or full on 450. And then parks on the ridge after doing a brody. COSK CUKER!!!. YES IM BITTER

It's that way everywhere and it happens all the time, unfortunately.

I've had some wonderful opportunities ruined including a 370" bull elk because of those guys.

Reactions: Smokey58
I was going to buy a dual for scouting a couple of years ago. I talked to my dirt bike rider buddies. They told me where you can and can not ride your dirt bike and when.
The idea went out the window quick.

• Haha
Reactions: sportyg
Did you report them and provide the pictures?
I didn't bother to report them. I do have some photos but nothing that would lead to who it was. If I had a clear photo of the license plates I would report, but without that there isn't a way to prove who it is

I was going to buy a dual for scouting a couple of years ago. I talked to my dirt bike rider buddies. They told me where you can and can not ride your dirt bike and when.
The idea went out the window quick.
Dual sport is legal to ride any time any place that is open to use for off road or street legal vehicles. I bought my dualsport to ride places I can't ride my dirt bikes. The one key factor is to not be an ass and ride through areas closed to any type of vehicle traffic

hikers hate the mountain bikers, mountain bikers hate the Emtb guys, Everyone hates the horses, everyone including the horses hates the E motorcycle guys and all the other powered bikes and side by sides,

The one key factor is to not be an ass and ride through areas closed to any type of vehicle traffic

Yup. If we want to keep our liberties its important we behave morally. Otherwise, we're just inviting more Govt into our life.

I miss being able to ride public lands. That's why I have a dirt bike and a dualsport. But the more we ride spots that are closed to any vehicles the more and more spots were going to lose to ride, hunt, camp, and use all together
Do you think that the more you behave, the more land will open up for you to ride in the future? The government never gives anything back and never relinquishes power once they have attained it.

Reactions: Lungpopper
Do you think that the more you behave, the more land will open up for you to ride in the future? The government never gives anything back and never relinquishes power once they have attained it.

It does not seem like that is what he is trying to say.

There is no doubt the Govt will try and grow tyrannically. There is no doubt riders' lack of etiquette leads to trail/road closure. Both can be true.

Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu