Duck Opner 2017

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Hunted Wister with my friend Phil and SIL Jacob.....Pretty wide open early for teal and we mixed in a bull sprig each.....I added a fine shoveler......lol

Brian (Irvine)......Thanks for bringing all the lobster for the potluck Friday night.....It was a great time seeing and talking to everyone......The comradery is unmatched.

How'd everybody else do?

.010.JPG 037.JPG 045.JPG 012.JPG

Hunted Wister with my friend Phil and SIL Jacob.....Pretty wide open early for teal and we mixed in a bull sprig each.....I added a fine shoveler......lol

Brian (Irvine)......Thanks for bringing all the lobster for the potluck Friday night.....It was a great time seeing and talking to everyone......The comradery is unmatched.

How'd everybody else do?

.View attachment 33395 View attachment 33396 View attachment 33397 View attachment 33398
Steve, thanks for letting me be part of the gang. Great people. I will post a pic of my ducks later. My phone got dunked at Wister and I am hoping I can still retrieve my pics. Ended up with 6 birds. One pin and 5 teal. Not bad for getting on in the afternoon from the sweatline.

Ummm, you got a better pic of that wigeon?

Looks like a storm wigeon., but that pic seems somewhat blurry. Beak looks pinkish too...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Nick, that widg looks very stormy like.............lol

Brian....Glad you finally got on and got some birds.....It's tough sitting and waiting.

Mark.....Congrats on that Woodrow and happy birthday.

Nick, that widg looks very stormy like.............lol

It is really hard to tell from the pic, but if that beak is pink id have him on the wall. Could be leucisim or albinism in that bird... that beak definitely doesn't look blue.

well the area i hunted was on fire for some. i started away from the crowd and watched grass grow. did a quick move closer to the action. ended up with 2. Mallard and a teal. the balance of the area was very slow but for a few in their established blinds. sounded like work war 3. it was weird not seeing the captain there. but good to see skywalker and Aaron.

Reactions: Slayersmith
Took my buddy and his 11 year old kid (1st duck hunt) out. Mike is shooting a 12 gauge and put the hurt on the ducks, he held his own and limited before my buddy and I. We shot 18 in the morning and picked up our last 3 in the afternoon. Shot 4 on Sunday morning....real fun opener.
Good seeing you in the morning Big Jim/Slim Jim....congrats on dropping the weight. :)Mike with ducks opener 2017.jpg

It is really hard to tell from the pic, but if that beak is pink id have him on the wall. Could be leucisim or albinism in that bird... that beak definitely doesn't look blue.

It sure looks stormy in the pic, but it is the lighting...Just your run of the mill everyday drake Widg with a bloody bill. My holy grail would be a Eurasion Wigeon...I want one bad!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu