E-Collars

Being in the dog training business I have found the Garmin products to be the most durable and with the best reliability. I use the model 550 but the field pro might be all you need. Look at the website for Gun Dog Supply they have a whole page on rating the different brands and their thoughts on what is best for your application as well as a good selection to choose from. As with anything quality and price go hand in hand so spend the money buy once and you only have to cry once .

Blue has one on constantly..and it's on 10..no mercy.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230924-152346~2.png
    Screenshot_20230924-152346~2.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
  • Haha
Reactions: Stikbrandon
I run SportDog on both of my Labs. If your dog is well trained you should not have to go with more than a low nick.

John

I run SportDog on both of my Labs. If your dog is well trained you should not have to go with more than a low nick.

John
Depends on the dog, Some need more and some need less, Some are sensitive and soft and some are tough and hard headed. It takes what takes if you want to train a dog to your satisfaction. I always tell the owner that it's up to the dog, if they are complient then it's easy but of they resist than things can get uncomfortable and tough. If you own a dog then you have a dog problem of one sort or another. Just sayin...

Depends on the dog, Some need more and some need less, Some are sensitive and soft and some are tough and hard headed. It takes what takes if you want to train a dog to your satisfaction. I always tell the owner that it's up to the dog, if they are complient then it's easy but of they resist than things can get uncomfortable and tough. If you own a dog then you have a dog problem of one sort or another. Just sayin...
Everything depends on the dog and it’s personality. However, you should not have to play dial a wheel to control your dog. But, you never know when your special dog decides to break on a running rabbit on opening day of pheasant season. I still remember that poor guy’s Lab was halfway across the field before he stopped running. Hope all is well with you. Good seeing you at the Rattlesnake Avoidance training back in Spring.

John

I run a sport dog, for that average guy and dog it’s all you need.

You should only use a e collar on a dog that knows the command you are asking it to do. Generally if you work with your dog everyday you will find the E collar is vary rarely used and is on only for insurance.

Back in the day was a tri tronics user but then Garmin acquired them. Have been in the Garmin Alpha series and it is outstanding for a long time. I almost lost a dog late in the day in the winter on a snowy day in the canyons many years ago. Then I got smart and adopted GPS and other current technology. Most of my friends run Garmin.

Keep us posted on what you purchase if that is your intention.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu