Eastern Sierra Lodging Recommendations?

Fowl Play

Nov 12, 2014
vimeo.com
Hey guys,
I’ve never really explored the Eastern Sierra’s but plan to remedy that this Memorial Day weekend (5/29) and do some trout fishing. Was planning on camping, but with the cold nights and a 6 month old in tow…. Going to go cabin/hotel route. Was checking out some cabins and looks like Lake Mary and Lake George have some, and then Convict Lake has a few (and maybe I don’t’ have to deal with the skiing crowds at Mammoth). Figure a few of you guys probably have some experience here, any recommendations?

couple of out of the way places in the heart of x9a would be Lundy lake, Virginia lakes and Saddlebag lake they have cabins. best call quick it books up fast and its going to be a late thaw this year i bet

Last edited:
Tom,

Tom's Place may be apropos.........lol........Great midway point near Rock Creek, Crowley, Convict, Owens River, etc......Old friend is a bartender there.

.029.JPG 036.JPG 032.JPG

Hey guys,
I’ve never really explored the Eastern Sierra’s but plan to remedy that this Memorial Day weekend (5/29) and do some trout fishing. Was planning on camping, but with the cold nights and a 6 month old in tow…. Going to go cabin/hotel route. Was checking out some cabins and looks like Lake Mary and Lake George have some, and then Convict Lake has a few (and maybe I don’t’ have to deal with the skiing crowds at Mammoth). Figure a few of you guys probably have some experience here, any recommendations?
If camping was your first choice try googling camping trailers for rent in that area. They will bring a fully equipped trailer to a campsite and have it docked at your spot when you arrive. Otherwise I've stayed at Convict resort and remember the floor plan in our cabin was bizarre. I've also stayed at the cabins near South Lake on Bishop Creek. They were better but had no restaurant or store. Good luck!

There is a trailer rental outfit in Lee Vining as well. Personally I prefer the Virginia lakes area. great place to have a base camp with lakes, streams, and back country both easy and difficult right out your door.

the small cabins there are great, you can tent camp, or get a trailer placed for you.

Not too far of a drive to Bridgeport, June Loop, Mammoth Lakes, or Devils postpone.

too me it is much prettier than Bishop drainage. with the exception of North lake. I like that area...

Little Virginia is one of my favorite lakes to float tube. Nice Rainbows, Browns, and Brookies...

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu