Field bred Golden Retrievers

Just a observation, nothing on that website leads me to think they have hunting or field trials dogs. You can get a good or bad dog from any breeder but their dogs look like pets not hunter's????

I agree with Aeon, Nothing on this website site supports that they are real working hunting dogs. Looking at the photos, I cant imagine putting a dog with a coat like that out in the field and not spending the entire following week brushing and cleaning it . (No disrespect intended to the kennel that is advertising but I have to say this as an avid hunter.) Bloodlines are important if you want to be on the right track with a reliable gun dog (as well as a good family member). Yes there is always the dog out of nowhere that gets it done but you are talking about a long term commitment so why leave it to chance. If you are serious about a family dog that does both life styles take a hard look at bloodlines and go hands on with the dogs and breeders that seem to fit your desires and do some serious home work. There is much to choose from and you need to look hard and long. I'll say it again look at NAVHDA and go to any one of the training days and tests throughout So Cal and look at what is out there. NAVHDA folks are always glad to talk about and show off what they have as well as give there thoughts about what might work best for you and you're family life stylewise. There is so much to choose from that I 'm sure your'e wife and you can find a breed that both of you can agree on and work for the entire family. I honestly believe that you can find a better and happier solution for the family and would desire as a pet as well as work out as a gun dog than what your currently considering.

P.S you are more than welcome to come out to our kennel on just about any day and we can show you many different versatile breeds we are training for other owners. Just e-mail or give us a call.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu