Field test

Baldkrash

Aug 4, 2013
Took my 6 month old Jagdterrier out for a field introduction yesterday. Let him off leash and went for a long hike. Fired a few test rounds from my shotgun just to see how he feels about it. He loved it! When I first fired he tried to chase the ejected shell.

didnt find any birds or rabbits but it was a fun afternoon and he is very comfortable with the gun.

Be careful, Once you gun shy a dog its nearly impossible to fix. Start out with the dog a considerable distance away and have someone cap the gun while you interact with the dog using a wing clip pigeon and work in slowly.

I had been slowly working with him in the backyard with caps, so this was just the next step. Like I said he came through with flying colors.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu