Finally on the Water!

Grandmesa79

Dec 30, 2016
Santee, CA.
Well I finally made it to the water yesterday for some fishing after recovering well enough from a broken, dislocated ankle and shatter foot that I treated myself to after falling 20 feet from a tree stand in North Carolina last November. It has been 5 months post surgery and was given the green light from the surgeon to resume outdoor activities. Hit Jennings hoping to pick off a holdover trout early and then fish for sunfish. Pulled one Redear (1 lb., 10oz, 13inches) out of Hermit's Cove on a night crawler. Fished Half moon Cove for a bit, then pulled the plug at 1000. It was great getting out and enjoying a morning on the water .Redear.jpg

Gm79,

Glad to hear your back in the outdoors......Heck of a redear.

ps.....Despite what you see on TV about safety in tree stands, they seem to take their toll.

glad you are back on your feet!!!

Had to log in just so I could see the big picture. Glad I did. Congrats to being out again.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu