First of 2014

briantb

Feb 3, 2014
so cal
Decided to scout a new area in the CNF so just grabbed my mp3 caller and my shotgun, weather kinda crappy drizzle and overcast I don't expect to get any calling in , just scout new spots, heading up Ortega I see the clouds below and its super nice up in the hills , I get to the area I have been wanting to check out and hike in, lots of brush and trees but see signs of life (squirrels playing) so i start the caller, about 20 minutes in see a coyote off about 150 and he is just hanging there acting like he spotted me so I shut the caller off and start lip squeeks, and he heads in toward my left but behind the brush, a few minutes later the squirrels are going off and run up a tree right on front of me with coyote in chase and circling the tree as soon as he got in front of the tree I let out a woof he stopped and gave me a perfect 25/30 yard shot.....what an Awesome day..better to be lucky than good..:.pics to come tonight, cant figure how to upload from phone
3vpz.jpg
[/URL]

3g4l.jpg
[/URL]

Nice job dude! A Lil Ortega love!

Thanks guys, its always great to get out, I work swing shift in orange county so Ortega is my daily commute, i have been wanting to check this place out for awhile now, from the road it looks good with lots of clearing but there still is alot of brush once you get down there, pretty steep too, hiking out was a Drag...

Very cool Brian! Think I know the spot you were at up there. Always wanted to check that one out... Definitely some thicket up there!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu