"First" Reported Unprovoked Boar Attack

Re: "First" Reported Unprovoked Boar Attack

Sucks for that lady, I wonder what kind of dogs she had that they didn't try defending her ( at least it wasn't mentioned in the article, didn't watch video)

Wish wild boars came up to me like that, I'd invite them over for breakfast lunch and dinner. Haha

watched the video, she had two Labs with her and she waited a whole week before she reported it. I would bet money the pig was going after the dogs. Horrible pics couldn't even make out whether it actually had three legs.

I have to call bs on the DFW 'expert', hogs do attack and not infrequently. Back long ago when I spent considerable time behind Big Sur. I came upon two horses that had been gutted in a creek. About an hour later a ranger with horses came up to salvage what he could. I asked what had happened and he said 'hogs got 'em'.

The next question he asked was 'are you armed?'. I wasn't. He went on to explain that these blues will attack anything if they get a chance. He told me if I stumble onto them to find a big rock and get up it fast. He said a certain tip was if you see or hear little ones.

Something to think about back there.

Woman rancher: "I was glad to get rid of a bad pig."

News flash: They are all bad. Costs to agriculture? Costs to native species?

Re: "First" Reported Unprovoked Boar Attack

I wouldn't expect a pig to attack someone with dogs especially bigger dogs like labs. This whole story is weird to me I'd think the dogs would have smelled it and acted either scared and tried to get away or alerted to it and the pig would have tried to get away before attacking if the dogs were on leashes. I've had my dog alert to all types of animals even deer coyotes and turkeys and she's seen them before me and tried to get them. so I bet this pig was just cornered or being chased by dogs when it attacked I'm not sure I believe that the boar was truly unprovoked.

I read about this a couple weeks ago. I agree. Every dog I've ever had including my wife Maltese would have alerted to that hog

Back