food plots

Sdhunt17

question of the day. ive been thinking.
on public land during the off season. can i make a small food plot? or throw out seed in areas?

§251.3. Prohibition Against Feeding Big Game Mammals.
No person shall knowingly feed big game mammals, as defined in Section 350 of these regulations.
Amendment filed 1-1-08; effective 2-7-08.

§257.5. Prohibition Against Taking Resident Game Birds and Mammals by the Aid of Bait.
Except as otherwise provided in these regulations or in the Fish and Game Code, resident game birds and mammals may not be taken within 400 yards of any baited area.

(a) Definition of Baited Area. As used in this regulation, "baited area" shall mean any area where shelled, shucked or unshucked corn, wheat or other grains, salt, or other feed whatsoever capable of luring, attracting, or enticing such birds or mammals is directly or indirectly placed, exposed, deposited, distributed, or scattered, and such area shall remain a baited area for ten days following complete removal
(b) Exceptions:
(1) The taking of domestically reared and released game birds on licensed pheasant clubs and other licensed game bird clubs;
(2) The taking of resident game birds and mammals on or over standing crops, flooded standing crops (including aquatics), flooded harvested croplands, grain crops properly shocked on the field where grown, or grains found scattered solely as the result of normal agricultural planting or harvesting;
(3) The taking of resident game birds and mammals on or over any lands where shelled, shucked or unshucked corn, wheat or other grain, salt, or other feed have been distributed or scattered as the result of bona fide agricultural operations or procedures, or as a result of manipulation of a crop or other feed on the land where grown for wildlife management purposes: provided that manipulation for wildlife management purposes does not include the distributing or scattering of grain or other feed once it has been removed from or stored on the field where grown.
Amendment of first paragraph filed 7-1-86; effective upon filing.

Seems like any state,except Cali, food plots are ok. Here in CA, I think there would be even larger penalties than just fish&game fines/license loss. The tree huggers would say you introduced an invasive species (no damn snap peas ever choked out our beloved poison oak until SDhunt17 introduced those clinging pea shooters) and the result could be life without parol.

But I do like the ‘please bury your poop’ signs at national forest entrances because I’ve been eatin lots of corn.

Seems like any state,except Cali, food plots are ok. Here in CA, I think there would be even larger penalties than just fish&game fines/license loss. The tree huggers would say you introduced an invasive species (no damn snap peas ever choked out our beloved poison oak until SDhunt17 introduced those clinging pea shooters) and the result could be life without parol.

But I do like the ‘please bury your poop’ signs at national forest entrances because I’ve been eatin lots of corn.

X2!! Invasive soybeans and radishes would wipe out the natural habit!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had the rare chance of stepping on someone else's turd pile in the woods and man that smell stays with your boots for awhile.. so yea bury that $hiet.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Just go find a green truck and talk to Mr. Greenjeans. No reason to do something that going to cost you.

X2 my opinion is don't go there.
Calif laws are too restrictive.
In other words don't do it.
It isn't worth the fines and such.
Best
Longbow

Back