FROM THE FIELD

I just posted a pretty exciting report about my late afternoon hunting experience where I met the contest winner and could not get within 90yrds of him so I sat still down wind for 3.5 hours and watched him as he walked back and forth in the trees across a small draw from me while inferior bucks chased does in circles below us on the edge of the meadow.But when I hit the post button it didn't post,it just blanked my screen out. So you get the short version. 4 bucks,7 does,and 1 pretty good shooter buck. So I took the next 4 days off in his honor. I may check in tomarrow.

If you are hunting the area I think you are, I may have seen the buck you are trying to get. He was 50 yards into an area we cannot hunt so we passed him up at 108 yards with a rifle two weeks ago.

Good luck Doug!

Heading out tomorrow afternoon to my usual spot with my dad. I hope the bowtech's get unleashed and are allowed to release some of their pent up aggression. Report to follow regardless of the outcome.

Breacher said:
Heading out tomorrow afternoon to my usual spot with my dad. I hope the bowtech's get unleashed and are allowed to release some of their pent up aggression. Report to follow regardless of the outcome.
Good Luck!!

I may have used up all my mojo on that bear. Didn't see a single deer. Tried lip squeaking a coyote in but he must have sensed there was a bowtech in the area and wanted nothing to do with it. I've filled 3 tags in the last 3 years so I won't complain but the local deer hunting has been rough for me this year. I got to spend some time with my dad so I'm good with it.

On another note, I brought last years buck and my bear from this year to an official CBH measurer. The bear rough scored at a hair over 20". Don't have a clue what the buck will score. I'll update with official score once he's done.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu