General season

Cali Ridge Runner

Nov 25, 2012
San Diego
Good job for all you that grinded it out till the end today..... Good luck to all who have an A22 tag. I am gonna stay away from the hill this year and just spot and stalk in the brush country. To all the newer hunters dont hang it up yet. Now is the time to get out there and start scouting for next season. Now is the time to glass and see what you could have dropped in the areas you have hunted.
This is my favorite time December and January are perfect weather for hiking and scouting. Get rid of some of those fawn killers.

Good luck on your brush country hunts Cali!. Ive got a cool little spot that Ill be hunting for the 2nd half of A-22. Seen some bucks in there in the 1st half but not close enough for a shot.

Reactions: Cali Ridge Runner
Good luck on your brush country hunts Cali!. Ive got a cool little spot that Ill be hunting for the 2nd half of A-22. Seen some bucks in there in the 1st half but not close enough for a shot.
I am hoping the Rut really kicks in soon. Doesnt appear to have hit yet in the area I am hunting. I arrowed a small buck in September that I never found and passed on a doe at 25yds a week later. I took a nice buck during Rifle and would love a buck for my A22 but with my schedule and a little over 4 weeks left I am not passing on anything from now until the season is over. Good luck

Reactions: JakeSCH
I am hoping the Rut really kicks in soon. Doesnt appear to have hit yet in the area I am hunting. I arrowed a small buck in September that I never found and passed on a doe at 25yds a week later. I took a nice buck during Rifle and would love a buck for my A22 but with my schedule and a little over 4 weeks left I am not passing on anything from now until the season is over. Good luck
I hear ya on that. Im taking anything that passes my way. My wife has been more than patient with me as I hunted alot since 1st half of a-22 opened. Good luck out there!

I am jealous that you got both tags! You must know the places to hit up in August ;). I have never archery hunted but I am determine to learn all that i can over the next year for a elk / deer hunt in Montana next September.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu