Gobbler down

Greenteal

Mar 19, 2017
Been a tough season so far on public, with heavy winds, lots of pressure and hung up toms. After 3 weeks of hearing them be vocal early, and then go quiet for the rest of the day, I was thinking that they must all be hened up by now, and the opportunities were fading away. Started the day earlier than normal, slipping in and setting up with time to spare. 15 min till shoot time, this guy started gobbling his head off in a different area than the normal roost. Got set up, and after hearing the flydown, I saw him pop out of the bushes making a beeline for the field, stop, and turn towards me. I made a little purr, and after a min I had him at 12 yards. #4 Kent and the 20 gauge Mossy dropped him in his tracks. Went 22 pounds, 9in beard and 1in spurs. IMG_20230417_224634_240.jpg

Last edited:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu