Good luck!

OzarkHNTR

Dec 4, 2013
Hey guys and gals! I'm definitely not new to hunting, but new to hunting SoCal, so I'm posting in the newbie den. I've been here since 2013 and haven't even considered hunting here until I received orders to keep me here another 5 years.

This past spring I dusted off my turkey gear and after few scouting trips I felt ready for opening morning. I invited a few friends of mine who have not hunted before but showed interest. About an hour after sunrise that bright red head came straight for the decoys. Having a bird down was just a bonus to that hunt. The absolute excitement my friends experienced got them hooked to the sport, thats what I love about hunting. It's not all about a kill! It's about the friendships made and memories that won't be forgotten.

With my tag punched I made it my mission to fill theirs. After miles and miles of hiking, climbing and pushing our bodies to the limits the season ended and their tags remained full, but we discovered great deer spots which is where I'll be on the 2nd.

I love pursuing deer with my bow. The spot, the stalk, using the surrounding terrain and making you a part of the environment to get within range for an ethical shot is what makes bow hunting my passion. I've shot deer in Kansas, Missouri, Alabama and North Carolina. I'm looking forward to the challenge D-16 has to offer.

I recently won a New Breed Nemisis equipped with a HHA virtus rest and the HHA Optimizer Lite King Pin tournament edition sight. This thing is a beast and with enough practice will be perfect for shots over 75yrds.

I'm looking forward to seeing posts of everyone's success, lessons learned and just good ol
stories! Good luck everyone!

O',

Welcome to SCH.....Congrats on that gobbler.....Did you get him on public here in San Diego Co.?

Look forward to seeing and hearing about your hunts.

O',

Welcome to SCH.....Congrats on that gobbler.....Did you get him on public here in San Diego Co.?

Look forward to seeing and hearing about your hunts.

Thanks! He was a public land bird. Unfortunately I don't have private land connections here.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu