good used bow?

Gspman

Dec 2, 2014
North LA county
Hi all. I may be opening a huge can of worms but..... I have been a rifle hunter forever. I hunt upland with my dogs, i have hunted everything in the state and elk in Wyoming. However i have never hunted with a bow. as a youth i competed with boy scouts with long bows so they are not new to me. I find my self jealous of the achery seasons all you bow hunters get id also like to hunt yotes in places rifles are not aloud soooo....

any one have or know of a good used bow? are there any brands of used i should stay away from? Or is there a new affordable bow that is huntable and affordable for a beginner bow hunter. i see many used compounds from bear and others in the 100-200 range with 3-5 pins ect I know nothing about compounds but what ive read, and ive read a lot. I also do not know of a local to me shop that has affordable used bows. I don't want to nor can i spend 500, or 700 for a bow i may not like to hunt with. id like to start with something very affordable that i can learn on and hunt some yotes with before making a big investment. I have no problem calling in yotes to shotgun range and have actually killed a few with my 45 from the stand.

i can always hand it down to the kids.

thanks for any help.

Thanks Taft. Your post I what started me down this road. I'd buy it in a heart bear if I knew if love it and use it. I'm also a little to addicted to building ARs and 600 woul be most of my dream 22" varmit gun I have waiting in my head. So at this point I'm still on the cheap regarding the bow.

Yeah I know what you mean. If you're ever up this way, you can always shoot it just to see how you like it. Bow hunting is fun and you will see more game in the early season, but it so challenging. That's what keeps me coming back for it.

That's what I want to build up too! My cousin did one, but it was only a 16" :/

If your in San Diego try the bow and arrow shop as everyone is going to say on this thread. Their great people they know what their doing and they won't pressure you into spending more than you want to on a bow. Their the only bow shop Me and a lot of other people on here will ever go to in San Diego

Oh ya also if you go in their wanting to buy a bow they'll help you chose the perfect one for you and teach you to shoot.

TaftHunter said:
Yeah I know what you mean. If you're ever up this way, you can always shoot it just to see how you like it. Bow hunting is fun and you will see more game in the early season, but it so challenging. That's what keeps me coming back for it.

That's what I want to build up too! My cousin did one, but it was only a 16" :/

I've got 3 16" all set up different

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu