Got it done in D16

Jlane1978

Jun 22, 2015
Temecula
Finally!!... Its been a rough few years but it finally all came together.

So i was sitting about 50 yards from a bedded buck, (he was a good sized fork) waiting for him to get up so i could take my shot. out of no where this guy walks in and locks up with the fork while he is laying there. my heart is pounding, I've been looking for this buck. i have pictures of him but he disappeared as soon as the season opened, until today!! so the fork gets up and kinda walks about 20 feet from this buck and i take a few deep breaths to calm down a little, i take my shot, he rears up and drops. i wanted to give up so many times. so many days of hiking and scouting with no luck. this is my 4th year hunting in CA and it finally came together for me. so grateful and happy i didn't give up. my brother ran into the fork not long after and filled his tag as well. now i have to get ready for my Missouri whitetail hunt.

.IMG_1148.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally!!... Its been a rough few years but it finally all came together.

So i was sitting about 50 yards from a bedded buck, (he was a good sized fork) waiting for him to get up so i could take my shot. out of no where this guy walks in and locks up with the fork while he is laying there. my heart is pounding, I've been looking for this buck. i have pictures of him but he disappeared as soon as the season opened, until today!! so the fork gets up and kinda walks about 20 feet from this buck and i take a few deep breaths to calm down a little, i take my shot, he rears up and drops. i wanted to give up so many times. so many days of hiking and scouting with no luck. this is my 4th year hunting in CA and it finally came together for me. so grateful and happy i didn't give up. my brother ran into the fork not long after and filled his tag as well. now i have to get ready for my Missouri whitetail hunt.
Way to get it done. Public or private it's all hard work. Congratulations on your first buck. And he is a Whopper.

Reactions: Jlane1978
Was this your first buck ever ? Or your first one in California ? Either way congrats !

i didn't. i was getting the 270 ready and the strap broke so i just grabbed my 30-06 instead. love that rife though, thanks again
Right on bro. Glad u like it. Congrats again. Good luck on your next hunt. Post some pics.

Sent from my SM-G530T1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jlane1978

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu