Gray fox.

Brian marable

Nov 22, 2017
Temecula
I’ve always been told that it is illegal to take a gray fox with an electronic caller. Have not seen it in the regulations on the California Fish And Game website for myself. Been searching for quite some time today.. does anybody know where this regulation is that on the website?

I’ve always been told that it is illegal to take a gray fox with an electronic caller. Have not seen it in the regulations on the California Fish And Game website for myself. Been searching for quite some time today.. does anybody know where this regulation is that on the website?
It is illegal to use electronic call. Mouth and hand calls ok.

Yes, I understand that. I just want to see it in the regulations that’s all. Arguing with someone about it.
I found it first try. I simply typed in "Laws for hunting fox in ca." I'm pretty sure electronic calls are illegal for any hunting.

Last edited:
T14 c 475

(b) Recorded or electrically amplified bird or mammal calls or sounds or recorded or electrically amplified imitations of bird or mammal calls or sounds may not be used to take any nongame bird or nongame mammal except coyotes, bobcats, American crows and starlings.

T14 c 475

(b) Recorded or electrically amplified bird or mammal calls or sounds or recorded or electrically amplified imitations of bird or mammal calls or sounds may not be used to take any nongame bird or nongame mammal except coyotes, bobcats, American crows and starlings.
They need to take bobcats off of the list since you can't hunt those anymore in our wonderful state

Reactions: sportyg and RKE
ef58a4d5f0c43c8fff468bd47eeac241.jpg

Last years brochure had gray fox in it. They probably forgot to add it this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu