Greetings fellow outdoorsmen/women

hoytarcher08

Aug 21, 2014
Hello, I'm new to SCH and to California. I'm originally from Georgia and grew up in Maine. Hunting and fishing have always been a way of life in my family. This will be my first year hunting in Cali, and I have an AO tag and will be hunting D11. Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated. And if anyone is looking for a hunting buddy, I'll help drag him out.
Thanks all.

hoytarcher08 said:
... And if anyone is looking for a hunting buddy, I'll help drag him out.
Thanks all.
Heck, that's a great intro! Almost as good as offering beer, and just as friendly! ;)
Welcome hoytarcher08, great to have you aboard. Loved Maine growing up. Spent as much time as I could there. Canoed the Full length of the Alagash with my high school buddies, fished all the Belgrade Lakes, hiked Baxter (lots of raccoons!) and Acadia, even tried to get a training job in Portland. Beautiful. Great memories.
:)

Sent via Tapatalk

Yeah its beautiful up in the north woods. I did most of my stomping around the western mountains. Never did much river floating. Most of my activities were hunting (moose, deer, bear, whitetail, ruffed grouse, duck, goose) and fish the spots that all the flatlanders don't know about (deep in the woods). Never got into the hiking, and camping much, unless there was some good looking young thing that asked me to go ;D or there was beer involved. But I cant say I hated my youth. Now that I'm older I see that how fortunate I was to have over 1200 acres of land at my back door to use whenever I wanted. I was truly blessed.

I went to school on the western side of those mountains, hiked them a lot but never hunted there. Beautiful country.

Sent via Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu