Grim reapers

longbowhunter2

Oct 16, 2013
on the mountain
Pick up 2 packs of Grim Reapers today thru Amazon. On sale. . Next looking at Victory arrows small diameter. VAP. Hope to order a dozen. Then a new quiver. Not set yet, more research required. Any one shoot graphite over aluminum?

Reactions: Goyaałé
Acc shafts are not new, I started shooting them in like 99 I think?

Cost is not worth it, I just shoot carbon shafts now. Arrows fly just fine and the critters don't seem to notice

Acc shafts are not new, I started shooting them in like 99 I think?

Cost is not worth it, I just shoot carbon shafts now. Arrows fly just fine and the critters don't seem to notice
Thanks for the reply Bill.
I looking for Arrow shafts that resist wind. Any help?

Honestly just a standard hunter shaft. Don't go to skinny and shoot a target shaft. Will just lead to miss handling and less kinetic energy. The trade off in cross section reducing windage is not a factor.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
I'm no expert. I shoot what Bruce and Jim at Bow n Arrow Shop tell me to shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly just a standard hunter shaft. Don't go to skinny and shoot a target shaft. Will just lead to miss handling and less kinetic energy. The trade off in cross section reducing windage is not a factor.
Hi Bill
the shafts I posted above are not target arrows, the density is as heavy or heavier. just smaller diameter. which = less wind resistance. so they say. but I have never tried them in the real world. 400 spine = 8.1 grains per inch. the composite over aluminum are even heavier. 10 grains per inch which = more kinetic energy but less speed. I guess there is a trade off, trying to get the best in both worlds. this is stuff I just read. I would not mind buying a 1/2 dozen and experiment. for next year.
if any one has tried this experiment then please do tell. I an not an expert but trying to be informed.
as an Engineer I read the facts , or data then I try real world scenarios.

I learn as I go, If my main issue was my broad heads. then I will test the grim reaper target heads and verify how it shoots in the wind.
I know I get anal sometimes and I can not help it. it was the way I have been trained.
when making aerospace & aviation parts. I can not guess at how to build it. if I do not have the knowledge how it will react in the machining ,building and heat treating. I have to run test and test samples, and record & document. it's just how I am.
If a more experience archer(s) tells advice I do very carefully listen to what they are saying. and I do research that information.

Reactions: josecasillas
Hi PyroTekRob

from what I read these were made to be beefy especially for hogs. but I don't see them as currently in production.
they seem to be exceptional arrows. I see on line the arrows still in the for sale.
I bought mine online. Yes they were ment to be used for hog hunting..

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu