Guided elk hunt recommendations, please?

Bonejour

Rut - Me worry?
Jan 27, 2013
Hi gang,
My 2 brothers and I are interested in a guided elk hunt any time after mid-September of this year, and I'd appreciate recommendations on guides. At this point I'd be willing to consider any state if the guide service is top-notch. I realize I have missed the AZ draw but perhaps that is not a problem if the guide is able to draw for out-of-state client tags. We are looking for a fully equipped, licensed, professional outfitter, and a non-enclosed hunt. Using horses or quads would be preferable to long hikes because unlike me, my brothers do not think climbing a mountain with a pack on your back is fun (go figure!)
You can either PM me or post to this thread if you know a good guide.
Also, I'm going to be asking for additional references once I contact the guide, and I'll be doing my own due diligence before I lay out any of our hard-earned money. So if the guide is at all defensive or takes umbrage at me asking success rates or what zones they hunt, it would be best not to bother responding. Just so no one wastes anyone's time, I'm sayin'...
Thanks so much!

P me were going to utah in Aug for a cow spike bow hunt. No guide fees just good times hunting hard with a couple rednecks. If you want a big bull put in or be prepared to spend big bucks. There's always colorado otc big bull tags in some units but in my experience a 275 inch bull is big for these hunts. Pam me I'll give you my 2 cents. Ask buck hunter I know where the elk are in utah.

Become a member at Huntin Fool and use their services to find land owner tags and guide. It wont be cheap but if Huntin Foll endorses them you can pretty much guarantee that it'll be a good hunt.

Thanks gentlemen. Wackum, I'll PM you. SC, I'll take a look at Huntin Fool. Appreciate the feedback. 8)

Sent via Tapatalk

Tried but didn't hear back. I figure he'll contact me when he has time. Thanks IM.

Sent via Tapatalk

You may be late for a bull rut hunt this year.......I second the HF membership

We settled on an outfit near Montrose, CO for this year. First season (11-15 Oct).

Sent via Tapatalk

Would you mind sharing which guide you chose? I'm interested in a similar hunt. When are you going OCT 2014 or was is 2015? If So how did the hunt go?
Thanks!

Cobra said:
Would you mind sharing which guide you chose? I'm interested in a similar hunt. When are you going OCT 2014 or was is 2015? If So how did the hunt go?
Thanks!

Here's the story

http://southerncaliforniahunting.com/index.php?limitstart=3

Thanks Darryl.
Cobra, we've signed up to do another first season hunt with them this year.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu