Gun cleaning

slinky_70

Oct 22, 2014
What is everyone using to clean their camo guns that doesn't damage the camo finish

Mine don't get much use..that being said..I'm a terrible gun owner..I never clean them..wipe um down with a dry cloth once a year or so.. they don't get to dusty in the truck and all..

Reactions: duck-boy
Mike,

The camo finish om my SBE's is almost gone...When i do get the mud off...It's just with a damp cloth and then a rag with Rem oil on it.... :blush:

IMG_2223.JPG

Reactions: Stikbrandon
Dipped type camo patterns are fragile, don't use solvent based cleaners as it might dissolve if exposed for an extended period of time (been there done that

Mike,

The camo finish om my SBE's is almost gone...When i do get the mud off...It's just with a damp cloth and then a rag with Rem oil on it.... :blush:

View attachment 60652
My old Beretta is nearly gone. I am more concerned about cleaning inside of the gun without using solvents that will destroy the camo

Used the garden hose on my SX3 the other day, then a few squirts of CLP down the tube and in the action......What?

Reactions: Stikbrandon
My old Beretta is nearly gone. I am more concerned about cleaning inside of the gun without using solvents that will destroy the camo

I use Gun Scrubber maybe twice a year and the rest of the time I use dry silicone spray...I clean the rails with a cotton swab and the same silicone spray.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu