Hello From Montana

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Got up here Sunday and it took me a day to recover from the drive.....lol.....Got out yesterday for some upland hunting.....Coolest day of the week at 76 & 45 degrees.....Wasn't too smoky where we were, but most the area is pretty bad.....Hunted wide open barley fields and hedge rows.....Got into sharpies and huns right off the bat.....Miles of walking ended up producing a limit of sharpies for me (4) and my cousin got 3.....I also added in 2 huns.

Lots of game seen, including bighorns, Merriam turkeys (look closely at the last picture....A smoky/white colored hen), pheasant, honkers, tons of deer, and even some euros....lol.....Headed for Canada Friday.

ps.....Looks like everyone had some good dove shoots.....Congrats to all.

.006.JPG 009.JPG 012.JPG 014.JPG 007.JPG 002.JPG 024.JPG 048.JPG

Looks like fun Steve, good luck on your adventure.

054.JPG 057.JPG 022.JPG 048.JPG 033.JPG 050.JPG
living the dream. How is that basket holding up on the long trip?

Holding up great, Drew......And the extra space allowed me to bring another Yeti.....Thanks again.

Couple more pix.....;)

ps......My kind of Wal-Mart.....lol

.054.JPG 057.JPG 022.JPG 033.JPG 050.JPG

Awesome Steve. Them sheep are acting like deer.

Our Wal-Mart has dead animals in it as well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Nice pics dude. I'm looking for some acreage in Montana, Wyoming or Idaho. Within 150-200 miles of Yellowstone. Where are you at?

Nice pics dude. I'm looking for some acreage in Montana, Wyoming or Idaho. Within 150-200 miles of Yellowstone. Where are you at?

Half way between Helena and Great Falls on the Missouri River.....175 miles from Jellystone Park.....Looking down river.

.019.JPG

I hate hot weather!.....90 degrees today and after about 4 miles, the dogs were pretty gassed.....Still managed to flush a couple of coveys of huns and a single sharpie.....Checked out Freeze Out Lake W.A. and Benton NWR.....Both have more water than last year and quite a few fowl.....Saw more goats today too.

.002.JPG 008.JPG 010.JPG 013.JPG 018.JPG 006.JPG

Attachments

• 019.JPG
    019.JPG
    330.3 KB · Views: 15
Just getting to these post! I appreciate all the pictures Steve! Man this inspires me and lights a fire!

Now that’s the property I have to buy Steve . Like the best 40 acres Your have in San Diego county

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu