Hi folks

BeachBum

Jul 15, 2023
Downey, Ca
I was on the site for a bit a while back, but deleted my account. We'll, I guess I'm back.

I'm still really green, but I'm learning. Had some fun duck hunts at Wister last year. Looking forward to archery deer, dove, quail, and duck this year.

Reactions: WaterDawg
Bb,

Welcome back to SCH...If you live in San Diego Co...A good place to learn some of the ropes is attending NWTF monthly meetings...4th Tuesday of each month at the Hamburger Factory in Poway.

Another venue would be coming to the work party at San Jacinto W.A. July 22nd...You'll get to meet a lot of like minded folks and you get to learn the area at the same time...Many of us will be there...Hot, but a really fun day giving back.

Steve

010.JPG

Thanks. I'm up near LA.

While I'd love to make the San Jacinto work party, it's my son's birthday party that day. The tiny people take priority.

I've been looking into the Long Beach Rod and Gun Club. Unfortunately they seem to put out all of their info through social media, and I use any of the sites anymore. Anyone have any experience with them?

Thanks. I'm up near LA.

While I'd love to make the San Jacinto work party, it's my son's birthday party that day. The tiny people take priority.

I've been looking into the Long Beach Rod and Gun Club. Unfortunately they seem to put out all of their info through social media, and I use any of the sites anymore. Anyone have any experience with them?

My family has been involved with the Compton Hunting Fishing Club almost all my life (Est 1946)...My mom is still a member and my dad is a past president...Great club, but you need to be sponsored...Check them out.

It's actually in Long Beach right off the 605 fwy and the 91.... :blush:

014.JPG

I went to the Compton club a few times years back, but never quite meshed at the time. It's actually closer to home for me. I might give it another try.

Reactions: ilovesprig
You might give the Long Beach rod and gun club a try. They do tend to lean towards the older side folks over there.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu