Huge Lion Mount laguna area

ppbets

Nov 12, 2012
I make a fake mock scrape , to atract deers to my treestand and I find no bucks just 1 doe and huge lion 7 days in a row. I hate this cats.

.IMG_8145[1].JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
If you knew how many were in that area alone you probably would not go out. Just remember, they are not interested in you. They are there for the same thing you are.

Becareful those people that enter to the treestand without headlamps !!!
o_Oo_Oo_O
Good luck all on this open season be safe ,
And respect other hunters.
Cant wait !!!!!!!

There are lions everywhere there are deer. Spend enough time out there and you'll see them.

Oh the things that go bump in the night. If that cat wanted to it could kill you in an instant, they are made to kill, right for the throat. Like Invisible and Sprig said it more then likely doesn't want to eat you but hey you never know. ;) Be safe out there.
Walking to your spot in the dark is all part of the fun. My buddies wife carries and arrow over her shoulder its pretty funny.

I've haven't heard of a single mountain lion attack on a woman with an arrow over her shoulder... I think that she's on to something!

Reactions: WaterDawg
Becareful those people that enter to the treestand without headlamps !!!
o_Oo_Oo_O
Good luck all on this open season be safe ,
And respect other hunters.
Cant wait !!!!!!!

Do headlamps
Keep u safe?

Lions are more likely to watch us all day/evening (in case we get a deer) and then jump us on the way out. Just kidding.
Yesterday I saw a house cat in the CNF. I kept looking at it because I thought it must be some other type of cat in order to survive among so many larger predators. But it definitely was just a somewhat unbrushed tabby cat.

Do headlamps
Keep u safe?

As I had my arms inside the belly of last years kill after the sun has set on a steep hill, my headlight gave me a piece of mind. More so than the havalon knife in my hand, since I've broken blades.

False sense of security but security nonetheless.

The way to spot them is to use their techinque. Stay motionless and watch for very slow moving heads. With the full camo they wear it is difficult but that method of watching for them has helped me alot.

I'm not sure if this is the right reaction I should have had, but it happened last evening (5:30pm). I was going out for an evening hunt (few dove, few rabbits, squirrels if nothing else shows up), turned a corner on a dirt truck trail (in my truck) and there was a large cat about 20yards in front of me on the edge of the road. My first reaction was: wow! I hope it's a mountain lion. Turned out to be a big bobcat (probably catching a lizard on the dirt road). My response wouldn't have been excitement if I hadn't been in my truck and it had been dark and if it had been a lion. Now I gotta pick up a bobcat tag.

Reactions: fraginator
I'm not sure if this is the right reaction I should have had, but it happened last evening (5:30pm). I was going out for an evening hunt (few dove, few rabbits, squirrels if nothing else shows up), turned a corner on a dirt truck trail (in my truck) and there was a large cat about 20yards in front of me on the edge of the road. My first reaction was: wow! I hope it's a mountain lion. Turned out to be a big bobcat (probably catching a lizard on the dirt road). My response wouldn't have been excitement if I hadn't been in my truck and it had been dark and if it had been a lion. Now I gotta pick up a bobcat tag.

Hope you eat what you kill.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu