Hunting big cats at Henshaw

WaterDawg

Nov 20, 2016
IMG_1444.JPG IMG_1441.JPG With tuna still south of the border and few hunting options my Pop and I decided to chill out and fish cats at Lake Henshaw on Memorial weekend. Foggy morning had them biting early on shrimp and Mack chunks. Caught some nice ones but nothing huge. Bite died for us around 10 am.

I always bring my double rod holder when doing the bait-and-wait.

IMG_1448.JPG

Thanks guys. Pop is starting treatment next week for prostate cancer, so the value of spending time together has hit home. Rather than just "give me a fish", he always "taught me to fish". Hoping for many more catfish taco dinners together in the future.

Nice Sprig! The 'Shaw is great for relaxing and targeting cats. Few speed boats, quiet, out in the back country.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu