Hunting bow

G

Goyaałé

Looking for a used Huntng Bow that is starter friendly on a budget . Been eyeballing the bow in thread below my thread. Lots of good reviews. Also considering a bowtech asassian, but what do i know? i'll answer that. I know nothing. Help.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
I just started with a bow. Went to Bow n Arrow shop. They set me up with a Bowtech Carbon Icon, arrows, target bag, trigger and string wax for around a grand. Great setup and they are really helpful sizing the bow for you and giving the basics of bow marksmanship.

Reactions: Goyaałé
You need the suport of a shop to help set up your bow and get you shooting. It's just not something you can do effectively on your own. If you are in sd go see the folks at http://bownarrowshop.com/
They can give you a no bs set up and will give you epic support.

If you are not in sd let us know and we can suggest other locations

Reactions: xjon and Goyaałé
I agree with Aeon. Go to the bow shop and shoot a couple of bows. That fits your style. Start out at a low draw weight. Because what is more important in starting out is the form in shooting your first bow. Most bow shops have classes. That are reasonable. This is the first step. Buy a bow that fits you well. Start at lower weight. And don't worry about the OBO speed. That will be for later. I suggest a starter bow that the draw weight has a lot of adjustment for example 40 to 60 lbs limbs. That will depend on you personally. Physical strength. That is why so should go a and shoot some bows. Then decide. Starting out your bow needs to be set up for you. And the bow then needs to be tuned so the final gear. Arrows, sight and arrow rest. There is a bunch of stuff out there. Try to get the best you can afford. I learned the hard way with cheap equipment fails when it needs to count. As time passes you will then be more informed. Don't let anyone talked you into something until you have tried driffent bows and shops. Then decide. Both shops in San Diego are good. Performance and Bow and Arrow. Ask lots of questions and read as much as you can stand. Read lots of reviews.

Reactions: xjon and Goyaałé
Agreed with above since I'm new to bows also. Need a helpful shop to fit you to your bow. Or else it could be a miserable and dangerous experience.

@xjon i'm on a budget. i wish i could walk into a bow shop and get set up right. I'll more than likely find a used bow that is stater friendly. I might be able to trade tattoos for one. Spoke to guy a couple days ago. so i can at least start hitting the archery range at balboa. i live a couple miles away. i was thinking i could walk there shoot and walk back. i dont plan on hunting for a year or two. for deer that is. just starting out. need so much gear. jajjaja i plan on hunting coyote as soon as possible. thank you to every one for the info

If you're in North County, head on over to Willow Creek Archery in Escondido. My buddy just bought the shop... good dude, he'll take care of you. If you're starting out on bowhunting coyotes... you're gonna be humbled. One of the hardest critters on the planet to take with a bow. Start with small game, hogs, javalina... Ed F

@longbowhunter2 i'll check it out one of these days. i want to go hit dixon lake soon, so i guess now i have two reasons to go. i want to hunt coyote with a rifle. i want to hunt deer with a bow, but not for a year or two. i only have a rifle. no gear, no anything. i am a family man so they always come first. it will take a year or two to gather things. i moght go to the swamp meet and pick up a recurve just to start building muscle memory. @longbowhunter2 i appreciate the help. i will check out Willow Creek Archery. Have a good day.

@longbowhunter2 i'll check it out one of these days. i want to go hit dixon lake soon, so i guess now i have two reasons to go. i want to hunt coyote with a rifle. i want to hunt deer with a bow, but not for a year or two. i only have a rifle. no gear, no anything. i am a family man so they always come first. it will take a year or two to gather things. i moght go to the swamp meet and pick up a recurve just to start building muscle memory. @longbowhunter2 i appreciate the help. i will check out Willow Creek Archery. Have a good day.
no worries,

figure out your draw length, and draw weight and go from there. a compound bow will have to fit you, and not the other way .
I started out with a longbow, My current compound bow will get replaced, but my longbow will never get replaced.
good luck

I am totally interested in Wooden bows. I plan on making them eventually too. My Great Grandmother was full blooded Apache. My Grandmother said we are decendants of Goyaałé. How true it is that we are related i have no idea, but i have no reason to doubt her either. jajajajaja My father was half Yaqui as well. he is a picture of the great warrior Goyaałé with picture of my great grandmother next to his. I see the resemblance but i could be bias jajajajaja

Attachments

• 20161128_151233.png
    20161128_151233.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
I do see the resembllance!! That is awesome man!. Great pictures of your grand parents. Your Grandmother totally!! Wow!! So awesome!!!!!!!! The time line adds up to my grandmothers story. My great grand mother was born in the early 1880s somewhere in Southern Arizona, Northern Sonora. They fled south when she was a young girl. My grand mother was born in 1907 Southern Sonora, Northern Durango...

So freakin cool man!! I love it. Glad to meet you kinda sorta. jajajaja You totally made my day man... Peace Brother. Have a great evening..

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu