Hunting buddy

D_ayego16

May 13, 2023
San diego
New to California hunting I’m stationed out here and never attempted turkey hunting as while never been turkey hunting. Was just wondering if someone could guide/show me the ropes (Not asking for anyone spots). Thank you!

New to California hunting I’m stationed out here and never attempted turkey hunting as while never been turkey hunting. Was just wondering if someone could guide/show me the ropes (Not asking for anyone spots). Thank you!

The NWTF Spring Turkey Tune-Up is your best bet....We haven't gotten an exact date yet, but figure last Saturday of February or 2nd Saturday of March....Everything you need to know about turkey hunting will be discussed there, including draws for hunts on private property and Lake Sutherland....:blush:

NWTF also has monthly meetings in Poway (4th Tuesday of each month)....We not only talk turkey, but everything else hunting & fishing here in San Diego....:)

We do not promote fall turkey hunting, because hens are allowed....Fewer hens, fewer turkeys.... ;)

IMG_0992 - Copy.JPG

The NWTF Spring Turkey Tune-Up is your best bet....We haven't gotten an exact date yet, but figure last Saturday of February or 2nd Saturday of March....Everything you need to know about turkey hunting will be discussed there, including draws for hunts on private property and Lake Sutherland....:blush:

NWTF also has monthly meetings in Poway (4th Tuesday of each month)....We not only talk turkey, but everything else hunting & fishing here in San Diego....:)

We do not promote fall turkey hunting, because hens are allowed....Fewer hens, fewer turkeys.... ;)

View attachment 58905
Thank you I appreciate it!!

Hey,
I know this thread is a bit old. But if you haven't found someone to take you, I'm down to figure it out with you. I've never been turkey hunting but looking to take a stab at it this fall. Planning on starting scouting next month.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu