Hunting partner

akrem44

Sep 17, 2014
Hello, i am new to this site and am looking for a hunting partner to make things go a little smoother. I am a firefighter here in San diego and have grown up in the local mountains my whole life. my physical fitness is on point and very familiar with maps and topo. I am looking to go hunting next week in Big Bear seeing as i have a d14 and d11(d13-d15). i am new to hunting this area but am very familiar with the terrain and location of the zones seeing as i have fought fires in these areas in years past. Hope this gives a brief intro to who you could be hunting with . Good luck on those trophies! Andrew

Welcome Andrew, sounds like you have a good start. Go check out some old burns, always lots of deer around the new vegetation growing!

Welcome to the SCH website akrem44. Hope you have a successful season.

akrem44 said:
Hello, i am new to this site and am looking for a hunting partner to make things go a little smoother. I am a firefighter here in San diego and have grown up in the local mountains my whole life. my physical fitness is on point and very familiar with maps and topo. I am looking to go hunting next week in Big Bear seeing as i have a d14 and d11(d13-d15). i am new to hunting this area but am very familiar with the terrain and location of the zones seeing as i have fought fires in these areas in years past. Hope this gives a brief intro to who you could be hunting with . Good luck on those trophies! Andrew

Welcomed Andrew.

Sounds like you got more then basics down already..

However D11-15 (including d14) Don't open for "General season" Until October 11 U didn't mentioned if your going to be bow hunting or Rifle so i just assumed the latter..?

I also have a D11-13-15 tag for this season i also wanted to get a D14 but had to settle for a D11 since my hunting partner is not very much available to go as much i want to go myself lol..

I only know one good area to hunt for the D14 zone so if u cant find one let me know and i will give directions to that place.. its nice open land with some cover so u can glass really well there Lots of hiking to catch up to them thou..
Unless u prefer to sit and wait all day (not my cup of tea)

I have Bear tag. I took a drive up to Big Bear a few weeks ago to check it out. I took the fam though so I did not get to do much scouting. I am down to go up there with. PM anytime. Figure something out. Help you find a nice buck!!!!

Hey guys,

looking for a deer hunting partner too, i have a tag for the same below D11,D13,D15. I know most people do not want to share but God will give you more when you share.

I want to thank you in advance

JP

JPhunter said:
Hey guys,

looking for a deer hunting partner too, i have a tag for the same below D11,D13,D15. I know most people do not want to share but God will give you more when you share.

I want to thank you in advance

JP

Yes welcomed to the SCH forum..

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu