hunting partner

thelostsauce

Jan 11, 2015
I'm a hunting newbie and would like to find a hunting partner. Or a mentor that would like to get lunch and teach me the ropes. I'm bordering LA County and San Bernardino county. I have a compound bow and a Mosin Nagant. I've lived in socal my entire life but got interested in hunting after the military.

TLS,

Welcome to SCH and thank you for your service.......Get in the mind set, you'll have to drive some (1 1/2-3 hours)......San Diego, South Eastern Riverside, Eastern San Berdoo, and Imperial Co's. will be your go to areas to hunt.

ps......You need to get yourself a shotgun.....Opens the doors for many hunting opportunities.

Hey brother and welcome. I'm from north LA county and hunt all over I hunt mostly upland as well as deer and pig. No bow for me but I am thinking about it. It's rifle and shottys for me. I've been hunting for a lot of years. I'm always open to hiking scouting or a coyote hunt.

GSPman said:
Hey brother and welcome. I'm from north LA county and hunt all over I hunt mostly upland as well as deer and pig. No bow for me but I am thinking about it. It's rifle and shottys for me. I've been hunting for a lot of years. I'm always open to hiking scouting or a coyote hunt.

you're a man after my own heart I love hiking and have heard hunting coyotes is a blast, pm me and we'll set something up

Hey lost,

I may be interested however I'm already pretty far from you I just moved to idylwild which is in D19. I moved here from Utah and have been hunting for a good 14 years and bow hunting for 5 of them I know what needs to be done however I don't know the land. If your interested let me know!

hey guys im getting pretty restless. any one getting out or want to get out for some yote hunting next weekend?

im in north LA county but willing to drive

GSPman said:
hey guys im getting pretty restless. any one getting out or want to get out for some yote hunting next weekend?

im in north LA county but willing to drive

If it's for the 7-8 of March I am interested. I don't know much about yote hunting but I do have a predator call that I made the other week and what to try it out. Let me know oh and I am in the OC.

Yea the 7th 8th. I have a home made e caller also. Iv called in everything under the sun except yote. I was hoping to get out this weekend and use my last bobcat tag but no go.

I am going out near desert center this weekend, planning to go around noon on saturday, making it for some sunset hunting, then camping out there to get out at sunbreak. I also have a bobcat tag I wouldnt mind filling and I have an ICOtec e caller.

kylemg0009 said:
I also have a bobcat tag I wouldnt mind filling and I have an ICOtec e caller.

Kyle,

Just a heads-up...........Bobcat season is over (ended Feb, 28th)............ :(

PLEEEEEEEASE, read the regulations guys........ :-[

ilovesprig said:
kylemg0009 said:
I also have a bobcat tag I wouldnt mind filling and I have an ICOtec e caller.

Kyle,

Just a heads-up...........Bobcat season is over (ended Feb, 28th)............ :(

PLEEEEEEEASE, read the regulations guys........ :-[

Fox is done as well ended on the same day. Coyote is year around until Sacto gets their way. Also racoon is open until March 31.

A good reminder if you don't' want to print the regs or reference it online every time: if you're interested in a game animal, enter the full season in your phone's calendar. Go from start date to end date. That way, you can easily reference your calendar and don't forget / get busted. You can put them in as recurring and just adjust the date by a day or 2 the following year. 2 cents.

8SteelTown said:
A good reminder if you don't' want to print the regs or reference it online every time: if you're interested in a game animal, enter the full season in your phone's calendar. Go from start date to end date. That way, you can easily reference your calendar and don't forget / get busted. You can put them in as recurring and just adjust the date by a day or 2 the following year. 2 cents.
I put all the seasons on my phone calendar so I don't screw up. Also remember the last shooting time for turkey.. can't be chasing them out of their roosts!

kylemg0009 said:
crap my bad guys! I wouldnt of shot one anyways because I don't have the proper caliber rifle for one, but my bad :-[ :-[ :-[

If you have any center fire rifle or a shotgun you have the proper caliber to hunt predator. Dont fall into the trap that you need a special gun for every type of game. Don't get me wrong I have a lot of guns and I am always adding to my quiver. But dont be afraid to use what you got and enjoy hunting.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu